Pages

“What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, June 1, 2009

Bella's Birthday Quilt


Last Summer Isabella picked out this blue Heather Ross fabric and wanted me to make something for her. Then she promptly forgot about it. We were in Oregon when she found it and had too many other diversions to be thinking about fabric while on vacation. Unlike her mother who definitely thinks of fabric on vacation.

I decided to make it into a really basic quilt. I didn't want to cut too much into the horses as I think their simplicity adds to their beauty. So last fall I made this quilt and put it away until last week for her 6th birthday. Bella is in a loving horses stage. We pass them a lot on the way to school, and occasionally one rides down our street. She was pretty excited and has snuggled the quilt all weekend.


I just did some very basic in the ditch quilting along all the squares and sashing, then I quilted diagonal lines across the large and small squares. The quilt is backed with a tonal ecru floral. It is throw sized.

2 comments:

Jessica Christensen said...

Oh, I bet your Heather Ross stash is quite large, isn't it. Turned out great, as always. = )

Marsha said...

I love this quilt. I loved horses most of my growing up years.