Pages

“What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Blasts from the Past 1

I am not always great at taking pictures of everything I make. Nut going through my archives I have found a few. So I am going to try and regularly post some pictures of projects past. The first is a star block sampler quilt I made for Katrina when she was expecting her baby boy. I think he is closing in on three now. I remember really loving the small pieced inner border and the star quilting.
This one is a wallpaper stripe quilt I made for my nephew. I think this one was constructed in 2007. How is it holding up Jess?

Each year I try and make something for my kids teachers as gifts. This was for my son's first grade teacher. He was so excited because she wore it all day the day he gave it to her. And he picked out the fabrics. I have made this apron a few times since and have always been pleased with how it turned out.

2 comments:

Jessica Christensen said...

That quilt is still holding up great! He sleeps with it every night. I just love it, and so does he. Thank you! How was girls' camp?

NĂ©na said...

Hey jill, Nena here.
I think that apron looks ADORABLE, you should teach me how to make some..because for some reason i've been wanting to learn!!

great job!