“What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sunday, February 27, 2011


I finally put together a bunch of new bibs.  The church I belong to really does a good job of taking care of one another.  And as part of my calling in the Relief Society, I get to visit brand new babies and their moms and give them a small gift.  This gift is up to my discretion, so far as I can tell, and I have chosen bibs. 

 This isn't my entire stock, just the latest I have made.  There are many many babies due to be born in my neck of the woods in the next couple of months, and I have an outside hope that what I currently have made will last through this year, that could be sketchy though.  I basically cut the bottom off a bibster and used that as a pattern template.  Then I picked from my large stash of scraps some cute prints.  They are backed with terrycloth for absorbency and have velcro closures

Monday, February 14, 2011

Bliss Quilt!

 I began this quilt the first of the year.  It is the Polka-Dot Parfait pattern by Cotton Way.  The fabric is Bliss by Bonnie and Camille.  I bought the kit in September from Broadbents, then was too sick to really sew, so it took me a long time to get to it. 
 But when I finally did, it went together really quickly.  I love the ric-rac.  All the circles are the cheater fabric, so no applique.  I used a blue thread to quilt throughout, the fabric has so much movement, the quilting is pretty simple.

I really love how it turned out.  It is sitting folded in the sewing room right now, and everyone that has come over has commented on how they love it! 

Saturday, February 5, 2011

January Finish

 I finally finished Amanda Jean's quilt a long.  I am just slow at getting pictures up.  This quilt actually quilted a lot better than I thought it would.  I was prepared to really have to deal with some flaws, but that ended up not being the case.
I used two bijou fabrics for the back plus a row of extra pieces I had from my earlier miscalculations.  I really like how it turned out.

Overall, I would have done a few things differently in the construction, but the final product turned out better than I expected.  This quilt fits a twin sized bed pretty nicely.  I have no plans for it at this point though, so it's just folded nicely waiting for me to decided what to do with it. 

I did do other sewing in January, but mostly mending.  As well, I almost finished my bliss quilt, I was binding it, but it will go in February finishes.  I have a lot of sewing I want to get done before this baby comes, so I need to get organized with it all.