Pages

“What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Friday, June 5, 2009

Stuff I occasionally make for me

Every once is a while I get the idea to make myself some clothes. I love this Amy Butler Daisy Chain fabric. I used an old vogue pattern for the skirt. One of my favorite things is the skirt has pockets, I can always use pockets. The shirt is from Old Navy, don't you love how is coordinates.

This shirt is from Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross. The fabric is a gauzy blend from Jo-Ann's, with a white tonal flower for the placket. I really love all of Heather Ross's fabrics and was really excited to get her book. One of things she said she hoped for was that people would alter her patterns to really fit themselves and their lives. When cutting out this pattern, I took a few inches off the sleeves, which was a good thing, you can tell they are plenty long. Next time I may make way shorter sleeves. And the other thing I changed was the darts didn't have any extra reinforcement, and with this particular fabric, they needed it. But I really like the way the blouse turned out and will probably make it again. I saw someone make it into a full dress, not sure if I could pull that one off, but maybe.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

I love the skirt so much. It looks really comfortable.