Pages

“What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Finished Denim Blues

I finished the denim quilt on Friday. I knew it was one of those projects I needed to stay on top of, or it may end up sitting halfway done for quite a long time.

I backed the quilt with a soft floral flannel. Now it is pretty heavy, but great for picnics I think.

I just did a running stitch with some specialty yarn I had leftover from a sweater I made Bella a few years ago. I ended up with just two inches of leftover yarn. I wouldn't have cut it that close had I planned ahead better.

I really like the way it turned out. The finished size is 60"x70". I used warm and natural batting to reduce bulk. Perhaps it will be used today for a lunchtime picnic.

3 comments:

Jessica Christensen said...

Oh, my gosh, Jill, it's just perfect. Kinda makes me want to finish mine. Kinda. = )

sanaejames photography said...

It's the perfect picnic blanket! love it.

miklayla said...

I love it too!!!
michelle