I have had this fabric for years, so it's about time I started using some of it. I think Bella was a baby when I bought most of it. And I still have quite a lot left.
The pattern is McCalls 6202. The blue dress is an eight and the pink/purple is a four. I would do a few things differently if I made them again. Each skirt has an under slip with the ruffle on the bottom. For destashing purposes I used coordinating prints. I would use the lightest muslin or voile for this in the future. The dresses are pretty heavy. Also, the ties that go around the waist are short, so the bows in the back are a bit forced. I would have added at least six inches to each.
Sophie is a bit obsessed with wearing dresses lately, so I am sure she will get a lot of use out of it. And Bella has reached a size that makes finding dresses extremely difficult. I really need to make a her a bunch of skirts and easy dresses for the summer. I am glad she doesn't really like the current styles in her size too much either. But it does make for a bit of work.
Countdown to Christmas: Christmas Plus
1 hour ago