Pages

“What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Blasts from the Past 2

I made this jacket about a year ago. We called it the Peep Coat because she looked like a marshmallow peep. My mom had sent me a yard of the yellow plush and I had the Heather Ross fabric in my stash.

This skirt is from an Amy Butler print from her Charm line I believe. The flower is detachable and can be a hair flower as well. This outfit should fit my younger daughter in a few months.

I made this quilt and outfit for a friend for her baby girl. It is Seaside Rose from Moda. One of my most favorite lines of fabric. I have made four or five quilts from it and two or three dresses, and I still have quite a bit left.

Every year I make the kids Halloween costumes. They sometimes have an opinion, sometimes not. But Jack really wanted to be Harry Potter and Bella had no opinion, so she became Hermione. I got the Hogwarts patches on eBay and I knit the scarf (badly).

This little shirt has a fairy hand-stitched on the front. I had quite a bit of this floral fabric as well, I think it is Moda, but the line name escapes me. I made quite a few clothes from it, but have no memory of using it in any quilts.

1 comment:

Jessica Christensen said...

In the quilt Alice and I just made there is some seaside rose and also some of that green that the pants are made from in the fairy outfit. You sent me the scraps, and we used what was big enough. I still have a little left. All those pics of the kids are so cute.