Pages

“What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Scrappy Monogram

At the December Modern Quilt Group meeting I got a big pile of grey scraps. Kristin had used then in a Polaroid quilt so there were a lot of triangle shapes. I am a really really slow decorator, we have been here for seven months and I have put nothing on the walls. I decided I wanted something with a monogram that would look framed and hang on the wall at the top of the stairs.  I looked for fonts that I liked and decided to use the 'M' from my signature in the end, just so it would be more personalized.


Then I just put the quilt together using the basic triangle shapes of the scraps.  The project went together really fast and I am pleased with the final result.

I used a Kaffe Fasset print that I have had forever on the back, I still have quite a bit left, it's been in my stash so long I don't remember where I even bought it. Yay for using stuff I have on hand and using scraps. I still need to put a sleeve on the back and decide what I am going to hang it with (any suggestion welcome!) I think when I put up one thing I will want to start on others, the first is always the most difficult.  

3 comments:

Jessica Christensen said...

It looks fantastic, and I love the pebble quilting.

M&N said...

How neat! I really like it. Of course, I always like what you sew. ;)

Grandma Goo said...

Looks great Jill. You could get the 3m hangers for it, if it isn't to heavy. How big is it?