I added the final border on my modern medallion quilt. I decided to come back to the medallion center with a yellow and white half square triangle border. The final quilt is just under 70 inches square. It has been an interesting journey with this quilt. I didn't have an overall plan from the beginning, so it's been a bit organic in its development. I am pleased with the results so far. I have the backing and some binding ready, so onto quilting this one!
I added some bold orange and blue on this border. I decided to change it up and not to the same thing all the way around. I love this house print by Dear Stella and added it on the top and bottom.
The size at this point is about 60 inches square. I didn't really follow the widths the group did entirely. I have one more border to go at this point and then I will be ready to sandwich and quilt this!
I struggled quite a lot with the next border. I initially was just going to do some four patches, but after putting them together and putting them next to the quilt, I didn't like it at all. So I used some shot cotton and made a frame around the first border to break things up. Then I added the four patches with some white. The next border is piano keys.
I am not beyond this point yet, but I have a plan :).