Pages

“What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Broadbents Modern Quilt Group

I got an email about a month ago that my local quilt shop was starting a modern quilting group.  I waffled over it for several days, really wanting to join, but seeing we have so many things going on already, I just wasn't sure I should try and fit it in.  But I am so glad I did.  The first meeting was in August.  We got scrap packs to make a strip quilt.  This is what I made:

I think it looks like steps and like how its turned out so far.  I have a backing that is orange with flowers and butterflies.  I am quilting it with a large stipple and throwing in some butterflies for good measure.  I haven't decided on a binding yet.  I will bring it to the next meeting and see if anyone has any suggestions.  The background is a solid called woodland I believe.  It looks a little gray in the picture, but in real life it's a pretty warm color.  I am using variegated thread for the quilting.

4 comments:

Jessica Christensen said...

Bind it in teal/aqua or hot pink. Love it!

Shop Girl said...

I am so excited to see it in person! We would love it if you shared it on the flickr group. Nice job! See you in September:)

sanaejames photography said...

I LOVE this quilt. It belongs with me! hahaha....

Kristin said...

Jill! So fantastic. And fun to see in person. I didn't see what binding you ended up with. Can't wait. And fun to see all that you've done! I love it. A kindred sister.