“What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sunday, February 27, 2011


I finally put together a bunch of new bibs.  The church I belong to really does a good job of taking care of one another.  And as part of my calling in the Relief Society, I get to visit brand new babies and their moms and give them a small gift.  This gift is up to my discretion, so far as I can tell, and I have chosen bibs. 

 This isn't my entire stock, just the latest I have made.  There are many many babies due to be born in my neck of the woods in the next couple of months, and I have an outside hope that what I currently have made will last through this year, that could be sketchy though.  I basically cut the bottom off a bibster and used that as a pattern template.  Then I picked from my large stash of scraps some cute prints.  They are backed with terrycloth for absorbency and have velcro closures


HollyWood said...

The ladies are lucky that you have such an awesome fabric stash. Mine is baby blue with sweet little birdies on it; so cute! And so thoughtful!

Jessica Christensen said...

Nice. I have often thought I would make bibs, but I never did, and now there is no need for my personal use. Maybe when I'm a grandma. I suppose I could give them away too. We have a number of babies being born as well (although I'm sure your number is larger than ours). ;)

The Gardner Family said...

You are so good! What a great idea! Will you tell Matt that I really REALLY want one of those! ;)