Pages

“What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bibs

I finally put together a bunch of new bibs.  The church I belong to really does a good job of taking care of one another.  And as part of my calling in the Relief Society, I get to visit brand new babies and their moms and give them a small gift.  This gift is up to my discretion, so far as I can tell, and I have chosen bibs. 



 This isn't my entire stock, just the latest I have made.  There are many many babies due to be born in my neck of the woods in the next couple of months, and I have an outside hope that what I currently have made will last through this year, that could be sketchy though.  I basically cut the bottom off a bibster and used that as a pattern template.  Then I picked from my large stash of scraps some cute prints.  They are backed with terrycloth for absorbency and have velcro closures

3 comments:

HollyWood said...

The ladies are lucky that you have such an awesome fabric stash. Mine is baby blue with sweet little birdies on it; so cute! And so thoughtful!

Jessica Christensen said...

Nice. I have often thought I would make bibs, but I never did, and now there is no need for my personal use. Maybe when I'm a grandma. I suppose I could give them away too. We have a number of babies being born as well (although I'm sure your number is larger than ours). ;)

The Gardner Family said...

You are so good! What a great idea! Will you tell Matt that I really REALLY want one of those! ;)