I stitched this about three years ago, then left it as it was. Finally I made it into a pillow and I feel much better getting it off of my to-do pile. I used some Amy Butler Charm to make the pillow. Now that I look at it, there may have been a button that was supposed to go in the center of the big flower, but as it is not there, it just wasn't meant to be.
This one was finished at least four years ago, but never framed. I decided to make a frame with a yellow solid and some black and white polka dots. There is a sleeve on the back to hang it up on the wall. The walls in my sewing room are bright and sunny, so it will probably go up in there, hopefully before another four years elapse.
And for some reason this picture wants to stay oriented this way no matter what I change, grr. Anyway, the general idea is there. I stitched this in the car a few years ago on a long road trip. I made it into a door hanger style pillow and it is on the girls room door now. They also think it is a good pillow for all sorts of baby dolls. The star is full of french knots, which I am not fond of, and at the time gave me trouble. I am still not fond, but they give me less trouble.
All in all, three unfinished projects finished! They were quick and easy, and it always makes me kick myself when I am done to think these languished on my to-do list for so long when a good solid hour of work was all it took to knock them off. Lesson learned-I doubt it.
1 hour ago