Pages

“What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Blues

I have been saving jeans for the past several years. Finally I cut them up and pieced them together in a picnic blanket. Nate can still identify who's jeans were who's. I am backing this quilt with a flannel that is pink with flowers. Mainly because I had a lot of it and am trying to do some stash busting. Especially with fabrics that have been around for years. I am hand quilting it with some yarn in big running stitches. I have no idea how long this will take me, I just wanted to get it out there so I will feel more accountable. I do have hope to have a picnic on this blanket before the end of the summer.

1 comment:

Jessica Christensen said...

I actually like how you have pieced some of the squares. Up to now I have tried to just get my 6 1/2 inch squares out of a solid piece. I like the scrappier look. Of course, I can't try that yet till I finish something like 40 quilts.