Pages

“What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Friday, July 26, 2013

Houndstooth Baby

I made this quilt for friend and her new baby girl back in April.



 I have been slow to blog lately but I have been sewing a bit more. Between baseball, end of school, vacation, and summer, blogging has taken a bit of a backseat. 




I used a dark purple Kona Cotton and a white on the front. I used an Anna Maria Horner print on the back. I love the simplicity of the patter and the contrast.  I must say though, there is a lot of trimming. But the quilt comes together pretty fast.

I  quilted around each houndstooth. The over all size is 42 X 42.

2 comments:

Jessica Christensen said...

Cute, cute. I have been wanting to make a houndstooth quilt, but it's so far back on the list that it's not even on a back burner. Your's is great. Love the backing print.

Jessica Christensen said...

Yours, not your's. Where is my head?