Pages

“What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Baby in the Hood

I have had Anna Maria Horner's Handmade Beginnings book for months. My baby is starting to get too big to fit in some of the clothes, but there is always a baby around to sew for.  I did make two of these little Baby in the Hood jackets.  One in the 3-6 month size and one in the 18-24 month size. I made them out of the same fabric and with the same notions. Tessa loves coats and jackets and promptly put hers on. The other was a gift for a sweet baby girl from my old neighbor hood.


I stitched a label in the back with the size tag on it. Maybe one of these days I will get around to buying some premade ones, but I do like the look of the little fabric labels.


The instructions and pattern were really clear and easy to follow, but there were a lot of steps. It felt like even more making the jacket two times.  I used Riley Blake Sugar and Spice by the Quilted Fish for the jackets. It's been around for about two years and it's about time that I destashed it!

1 comment:

Jessica Christensen said...

I always love your jackets. They turn out so cute.