Pages

“What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hexagons Galore

I finished the Hexagon quilt and now it is with its new owner!  It was intended to be 51"x54".  She wanted it a little bigger, so I kept adding rows so long as I had fabric.  The final size was over 80"x84"!

 I had to make Nate hold it up to get a picture.  He was okay so long as I didn't get him in the picture.  This quilt was really fun to make.  I tried out some new techniques and had to really keep track of where everything went.  The print on the back was so fun!  The flowers were huge!


It is an Alexander Henry print, the border on the front is as well.  I used fabrics from Botany, Timber,Sugar, Brooklyn Heights, Spa, Modern Meadow and a few others.  I also added a bit of Amy Butler's Gypsy Caravan from my stash.  I love being able to pull from the stash when I can't find stuff that works from anywhere else.  I stippled the quilt with a lime green in the middle, then variegated brown on the edges.  I really loved the effect.  I can't wait to do another hex quilt!  It's scrappy and ordered at the same time.  There is a lot of visual interest because of all the different prints, but all the points match and come together. 

5 comments:

Jessica Christensen said...

This turned out so great! And you were so speedy at finishing it!

Marsha said...

This is a gorgeous quilt!

Marsha said...

You okay, Nate, you look a little green?

HollyWood said...

So cute. But thinking about sewing one makes my head hurt.

Grandma Goo said...

Love the way it turned out, I bet the gal who gets it is very happy