Pages

“What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Whirly Gigs


As soon as I saw this pattern I wanted to try it. I love the movement and the many possibilities that come along with it. So when commissioned to come up with a baby quilt, I knew exactly what I wanted to go for. The pattern wasn't too difficult to draft. I did have more trimming and squaring up than I anticipated, but I love the way it turned out.


I stippled with white thread from edge to edge. I am going to do this pattern again and again I am sure.

I have pieced the top of the star quilt-a-long quilt. Now I am getting the back put together. I am really pushing it right to the wire. I have six days before Jack's birthday-wish me luck!

1 comment:

Jessica Christensen said...

Okay. That is it. I officially love this quilt. I LOVE the whirlygigs. I'm with you. I could do them over and over and over. I love this color scheme too. I have a boy baby quilt to come up with. Maybe I'll do this one. So cute -- handsome -- whatever. Good luck on Jack's quilt. I haven't even done the sashing blocks. (sigh)