Pages

“What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Star Quilt-a-long Complete!

I am so happy with how this quilt turned out. I did some things that I haven't before. I had originally planned on adding boarders. But when I put everything together it was 62 x 88, so boarders would have made it way too big for the twin bed it is covering. Then without the boarders, I ended up quilting edge to edge with the same design.

I did a meandering stars design that I really love how it turned out. I had an extra star block, so I incorporated it onto the pieced back. I used scraps for the rest. So overall, I didn't have too much left over from this endeavor, which is not a bad thing.

So, I am not great at doing quilt-a-longs. I really had to be patient in doing the blocks each week instead of all at once. I suppose Jess and I kind of threw in the towel on that one anyway. I do better doing stuff all at once overall. Not saying I'm not up for another, it's good to learn new skills and patience.

4 comments:

Jessica Christensen said...

Hey, at least you finished. I am still in block status like I was a month ago. In my defense, I haven't really been sewing anything lately. Too much transcription to do.

Marsha said...

WOW, that turned out great. I could not have imagined anything so pretty. I can't wait to see it in person.

HollyWood said...

Jill, this turned out so cute. I love the splashes of red.

Jessica Christensen said...

The brown on my bed quilt was Joann's -- I want to say it was the Quilter's Only cotton. I had bought Kona from there for a different quilt, and I do love the Kona, but it's more expensive, and the quilter's only feels just as nice. I'm with you. I want to buy a bolt in every color. Darn that Amanda Jean. She's too inspirational for her own good.