Pages

“What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Hip to Be Square

I have been using up stash fabric all year long. There seems to be no end, which is great! But also a little embarrassing.  I had a bunch of this fabric set aside to make a quilt, just waiting for the right pattern.  The quilt is pretty big! It is a good sized throw! The fabric is Simple Abundance by Bonnie and Camille.  I also added a few other fabrics that coordinate. I love the way this turned out!  I decided to do some cross hatch quilting, which took quite a while. The quilting lines are about an inch and a half apart. The quilting took much longer than the cutting, piecing, and sewing. But it suits the fabric and the pattern, so all the time was worth it. 

No comments: