Pages

“What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, August 15, 2011

Pillow Case Nightgowns

Last year I brought home a stack of pillow cases from my grandmothers house.  They were all made by my great grandmother Violet Green, isn't that a great name.  There were so many, I knew I wanted to use some to make something.  A month or so ago I came across a tutorial on Sew, Mama, Sew making pillow cases into nightgowns and knew I had hit the jackpot.  So I picked out three sets of pillowcases and got to work.  I used muslin for most of the tops as the pillow case didn't really have enough fabric for the largest size.  I also used a white quilting fabric with stars for the blue set.  The girls are thrilled.  These nightgowns feel cool and comfy on them and they have been wearing them every night since they got them.  I love that I can hand them down and that the girls are wearing something their great great grandmother and I made. 

4 comments:

Jessica Christensen said...

These are just darling, Jill! So, so sweet!

Marsha said...

Oooo, those are so sweet. They look like something any hot girl would want to wear. They remind me of a really feminine, french bedroom.

Grandma Goo said...

Those turned out so cute! You should send a pic to grandma penny, she would think that was so clever of you!

sanaejames photography said...

I so love this idea, and it turned out darling!!! What a great thing to continue to pass down too!!!! such a great idea!