Pages

“What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dresses for the Wedding

My husbands little brother got married this past weekend in San Diego.  It was such a nice getaway and I am so glad we got to go.  I made dresses for my girls to wear not realizing they would coordinate as well as they do.  In fact, Bella's dress is the same fabric as the bridesmaids, which was a coincidence.  I was surfing the internet and found Bella's dress on mini boden.  I hadn't really drafted a pattern from scratch before and am pleased with my first go at it.  The top is gathered.  There is a keyhole in the back along with a tie.  Sophie is wearing a basic pillowcase dress with a big satin sash instead of a ribbon.  I found a similar dress on Garnet Hill but couldn't justify the price tag for such a simple dress.  Her dress has big flowers appliqued on it.  They are the same swiss dot as the material, the edges are serged in hot pink with hot pink satin centers.  I didn't have any close ups, somehow I spent a lot of time visiting with my SIL, instead of snapping away.  She made the bridesmaid dresses by the way. 

2 comments:

Jessica Christensen said...

Your girls looked so cute! The dresses turned out great!

Grandma Goo said...

I want to see a close up of those dresses! They look like they are adorable! Glad all was good and you had a good trip! Love mom