Tuesday, July 28, 2009
About a year ago my mom sent me some fabric with instructions to make dresses for the girls. She had seen a dress in Sophie's size she really loved, didn't want to pay full price, so found similar fabric and sent it to me. So, I pulled out the ever loved Ottobre designs and found a few patterns. Just after I got the fabric cut out, the dress she loved went on sale and she bought it. Well, that made me lose steam in a major way. So, the dresses sat unfinished for almost a year. Last week I rectified the situation. For Bella, I made a bigger size, still fits as a dress. Sophie's dress has now become a shirt though. But, the main point being, they are done. I added the green fabric as accents. I have enough of the blue left to back a quilt-small one, or make a skirt for myself. Sophie was not thrilled to have her picture taken.
Both of the dresses have a lot of detail I failed to capture adequately, but I really love how the bodice of Bella's dress turned out.