Pages

“What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Spot on

I have been sewing-just not blogging it seems.  I finished up this quilt a long while ago, I just didn't bind it right away. Then with the holidays and Nate's birthday, I  kept putting it aside. I even took it up to Quiltbliss with me thinking I may sit and bind there, but I didn't. Funny how that goes. I realized if I didn't focus and get it done I would set it aside until next Christmas.


This quilt is from Simplify by Camille Roskelly, continuing along with sewing though the book.  I am still using stash fabric for all these quilts. This is fabric is called Figgy Pudding by Basic Grey for Moda. It came out a few years ago and I bought a bunch of it intending to make a churn dash quilt. Clearly, that never happened, so it ended up here in this quilt.
I quilted this with stipples in the white around the spots and in the setting triangles. I added a soft zigzag in the sashing and the outer border. I did a diagonal stripe in the outermost border. The quilting took quite a long time on this one, just because it's more detailed. But I love how it turned out!
I toyed around with the idea of quilting some snowflakes in the spots, but I really love how they stand out with all that's going on around them.  It's a nice 3-D effect I think.
I'm going to leave this quilt out for a bit rather than pack it away with the other holiday stuff, I am still plugging along with my Simplify book goals. I actually have all but one of the quilt pieced. And all the others are pinned and ready to be quilted.  I finally purchased pillow forms for the pillows, all four are finished.

I am still making everything from stash, it's been good, a feel like I am making a small dent! I can't believe how much fabric I have for backing-it's a bit crazy. I also have made three quilts from the Simply Retro book that are in various stages. I'm trying to focus on finishing over the next few weeks. I went to a quilt retreat, Quiltbliss in Heber a few weeks ago and am inspired to begin a few new projects. A lot of them are scrap projects, which is much needed around here. Even though I have been working from my stash, I haven't been using scraps really. So I have an abundance and they are multiplying on their own it seems.  So maybe after I finish the Simplify projects I will begin on the year of the scrap. 

1 comment:

Jessica Christensen said...

I just left a really long comment and then it didn't go. So I'll just say good job. I am impressed with your progress through the books.