Pages

“What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Maui Bag

I saw the fabric and the pattern and really wanted to make it.  Perhaps from an underlying desire to go to Hawaii.  Anyway, the bag went together really fast.  There are some errors in the pattern, but if you think about each step before you cut or sew, an intermediate seamstress should be able to figure them out.  Most of them just have to do with measurements.  But step 5, applying the magnetic clasp, is all messed up, and it's obvious.


I really loved the way the bag turned out.  I want to make it again.  These are my first Art Gallery fabrics and I love the feel of them.  The flower is hand sewn, and I may replace the button with a bigger one if I find a better fit.