“What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Modern Medallion Border 1

I have been very slowly working on my medallion for Broadbents Modern Quilt Group. I had a hard time deciding what I was envisioning and where to go next. This is the first border. It is 6.5 inches wide.

My favorite part about the medallion challenge, is everyone's are so different. A lot of creativity and thought goes into everyone's projects.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Square One

This quilt is out of Camille Roskelly's Simplify Book. I have so many precuts that I haven't cut into, so one day I decided to just start making things from my stash. And that morphed into deciding to sew through Simplify. I am currently three projects into the book.

One thing I have learned about older precuts is they are not the uniform size they are now. This is the Arcadia line and it only had 36 squares in it's charm pack. Therefore, this quilt doesn't look like the one in the book because that project would require 42 squares. I didn't even notice this until I started putting the rows together, and by then I decided 36 square would be just fine.

The pattern called for a raw edge binding and I love the way it turned out. You just use leftover honey bun strips folded in half. The first time I washed the quilt it was a linty mess, but it stopped shedding pretty quickly.


I stitched two rows over the binding for extra strength. I love this line of fabric and I love the way this quilt turned out. It was a great first project from the book with easy to follow instructions. 

Friday, July 26, 2013

Houndstooth Baby

I made this quilt for friend and her new baby girl back in April.



 I have been slow to blog lately but I have been sewing a bit more. Between baseball, end of school, vacation, and summer, blogging has taken a bit of a backseat. 




I used a dark purple Kona Cotton and a white on the front. I used an Anna Maria Horner print on the back. I love the simplicity of the patter and the contrast.  I must say though, there is a lot of trimming. But the quilt comes together pretty fast.

I  quilted around each houndstooth. The over all size is 42 X 42.